Action: This was my first time volunteering with my mentor at White Ivie Pet Hospital. Today they showed me a tour of the hospital, I learned where a lot of things went, how to restrain animals, give medicine and shots, and I got to watch an ultrasound.
Next Action: I go in on mondays and wednesdays. I pretty much do the same thing every time except as time goes on, they will probably let me do more and more.
How am I doing? I met one of the technicians, Aaron, he was really nice and really helped me get comfortable with everyone. Everyone is nice and helpful. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun here and I'm learning a lot. They have enough trust in me to hold an animal that could run away any moment and to give animals medicine or watch for potential seizures on an animal, I like how they let me be very hands on and answer all questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment