Thursday, August 5, 2010

Catch-22

Chapters 12-19
Sorry, I just saw the comment saying to avoid plot summary. I've noticed that a lot of things are repeated in this book, but i don't know if it has any significance. Yossarian is seen as a complainer but he was the one to move the bomb line, if I were him I would of told people sooner because then I could get more praise. When Chief Halfoat explains how he always steals Captain Blacks car, I thought it was weird that Captain Black doesn't notice or doesn't try to prevent it after the first time. Milo was smart for wanting to supply the fresh food instead of going on missions. Yossarian meets a girl at the night club, and I think it's weird that Yossarian falls in love with almost every girl he likes or meets. But, then Yossarian rips up Luciana's note, even though he loves her and wanted to marry her, so now he won't be able to have any more contact with her. Why did the doctors think it was okay to have Yossarian act as a family's dying son? I think they like to convey the image of how people think war is, even if it isn't necessarily true.

No comments:

Post a Comment